Carbon Monoxide Detector Bill Passes Second Reading
A private member's bill that would see carbon monoxide detectors mandatory in all homes, is closer to becoming law.
Oxford MPP Ernie Hardeman introduced Bill 20 which has passed first and second reading at Queen's Park.
Hardeman is waiting for the government to call it for third reading, and he says if they decide to call it, it will pass with a voice vote.
The effort to make this law was prompted by a tragedy in Woodstock.
December 1st, 2008 OPP Constable Laurie Hawkins and her husband Richard along with their two children, died in their Woodstock home from carbon monoxide poisoning.
They did not have a carbon monoxide detector.